Dependent Child Visa Subclass 445



This visa allows a child to stay in Australia temporarily while we process their parent’s permanent Partner visa application.


Basic Eligibility requirements

  • You must be dependent on a parent who holds a Partner (Provisional) visa (subclass 309), Partner visa (subclass 820) or Dependent Child visa (subclass 445).
  • You must be sponsored by the same person who sponsored or nominated your parent’s permanent Partner visa application.
  • You must be either under 18 years or over 18 years and financially dependent on the parent who has the temporary Partner or Dependent Child visa.
  • You must meet the health and character requirements.
  • You can be in or outside Australia when you apply for this visa.