Child Visa Subclass 101 



This visa lets a child outside Australia migrate to Australia to live with their parents.


Basic Eligibility requirements

  • You must be a dependent child of a parent who is an Australian citizen, eligible New Zealand citizen or holder of an Australian permanent visa.
  • You must be sponsored by an eligible parent or your parent’s spouse or de facto partner.
  • You must be under 18 years, a full-time student aged over 18 and under 25 and financially dependent on the parent, or over 18 and unable to work due to a disability.
  • You must be single and dependent on the parent.
  • You must meet the health and character requirements.
  • You must be outside Australia when you apply for this visa.